Aug 19, 2008

kitchen Woes

Another okay morning at work, just started issuing some receipts and i was at it with the pc when when i pressed my freshly cut forefinger on the keyboard, just when i made a silent ouch! i couldn't help going back on memory lane at how this quite deep cut ended up where it is n of course most of my kitchen woes (as i choose to call em) started coming back.
if u r among the group who have to rush home from work (when ain't at school that is)n cook dinner for the family n all im sure u ve ur own set of stories of the woes the kitchen inflicts on u from time to time (irrespective of whether u r the best cook or the worst.- its respects no one trust me.) funny they are rushing in to memory now.
the fresh one i 'ouched' over a few minutes ago appeared when i was cutting yam a few days back, i guess the knife mistook my finger for you know wat n almost cut it off(yeah it was a sharp knife) good thing ma senses picked the pain early.
n theres that evening my freshly blened tomatoes landed stright at me n the counter n i actually was late for church too.
how could i forget the time the hot water i was draining into the sink decided to use me as its sink n landed straight over me.yeah i got bruised all right .i still got scars (u don't want 2 know where) 2 show ma kids for.
of course u aint a kitchen fan if u've not encounterd our pal ONIONS. who makes u cry when u don't want to and leave ur eyes red like u smoked weed(vn't done so b4 tho). yeah i even tried the' sing as u cut the onions theory' n i almost believed it until it failed several times n i gave it up .
n hey u ain't seen it all if u ain't acquainted with flying oil drops at ur skin.( once it landed straight in ma eye n i actually tot i'ld go blind.)
n there is that snail episode i had which left little cuts all over my fingers no wonder my dad didn't get why i made a face like i was gonna faint when he asked me to do his laundary the next morning.
n there is the once in a while slips n falls n other unmentionable disaters that occur once in a while. now u know why i call em kitchen woes aight? I guess evrybody( well almost everybody)
ve had eir share of eir kitchen woes if u vn't u r slacking BIGTIME. -wat u waiting 4? get in the kitchen..u'all.
..................................................out.............................

No comments: